For the ultimate chocolate marble cake recipe, watch in this handy video from the Good Housekeeping Institute Cookery School.
225g (8oz) butter, softened
225g (8oz) caster sugar
4 medium eggs
225g (8oz) self-raising flour
50ml (2fl oz) milk
1tsp vanilla extract
15g cocoa powder, sifted
1. Cream butter and sugar using a handheld electric whisk, until pale and fluffy.
2. Beat eggs and then gradually add to mixture, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift half flour over mixture. Using a spatula or large metal spoon, gently cut and fold flour into whisked mixture. Sift remaining flour on to mixture and lightly fold in, until only just incorporated. Add milk and vanilla extract and fold through again.
4. Take a second mixing bowl and add half mixture to it. Stir sifted cocoa powder into mixture in one of bowls.
5. Take a greased and lined 900g (2lb) loaf tin. Dollop alternating spoonfuls of vanilla and chocolate cake mixes into tin. Drag a skewer through mixture in a swirling motion to marble two flavours together.
6. Bake at 180°C (160°C fan) mark 4 for 45-55min until risen, golden and a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in tin for a few min, then lift cake out on to a wire rack and cool completely before serving.
Subscribe to the Good Housekeeping YouTube channel: https://bit.ly/2TM6CWC
View more recipes from the Good Housekeeping YouTube channel: https://bit.ly/2UAUHIi